The entries will be judged at all stages on their innovative qualities as well as taste and commercial viability. In the healthy category, calories will also be taken into consideration.
Once the initial judging is completed, the successful competitors wil be invited to take their place at the regional heats where they will be asked to make up their sandwiches in front of a panel of judges.
At the regional heats, entries will be judged on presentation, commercial viability, innovative use of the sponsor’s product, taste and texture.
All entrants must agree to, and comply with, the following rules:
- Each entry must contain the ingredient specified by the sponsor;
- Each recipe must be commercially viable – in other words capable of being made and sold successfully in the chosen market (Note: it is important that your initial entry states the proposed market and sales price)
- Each recipe must be sufficiently innovative to be different from existing products on the market;
- Contestants must agree to their recipes being publicised and used by the sponsors and BSA for promotional purposes;
- Each contestant will be required to make up their sandwich at the Final if they are successful in reaching that stage;
- Any changes made to the recipe will result in the entry being eliminated;
- The competition is only open to those involved in the commercial sandwich market.