All entries will be collated by the British Sandwich Association and submitted (without details of the entrant) to an independent judging panel who will be asked to pick the most creative but commercially viable recipes in each category per region.
Immediately that is done the Association will notify the successful competitors finalists and invite them to one of the semi-finals where they will be asked to make up their sandwiches in front of a panel of judges.
At the semi-finals the entries will be judged on presentation, commercial viability, innovative use of the sponsor’s product, taste and texture.
All entrants must agree to, and comply with, the following rules:
- Each entry must contain the ingredient specified by the sponsor;
- Each recipe must be commercially viable – in other words capable of being made and sold successfully in the chosen market (Note: It is important that you state the market it is for plus the sales price)
- Each recipe must be sufficiently innovative to be different from existing products on the market;
- Contestants must agree to their recipes being publicised and used by the sponsors and BSA for promotional purposes;
- Each contestant must agree to make up their sandwich at the Final if they are successful in reaching that stage;
- Any changes made to the recipe will result in the entry being eliminated;
- The competition is only open to those involved in the commercial sandwich market.
The closing date for recipe submission is 8th February 2017